Thursday, May 28, 2009

Problems with my Lifan

These are all minor problems, do not know, if anyone has had these. This is with less an 100 km on the motorcycle.

1) A little hard starting after bike is warmed up. Regardless of choke setting.

2) The mirrors are made from plastic, the right one the threads stripped. Can't they just make them all out out metal like the rest of the assembly. Will add a photo show the problem later.

3) The bike did not come with a gas filter. Have to buy an after market one. Never know when you get bad gas.

4) The gas meter does not work properly all the time. So, don't know much much as is in the bike. (digital LEDS)

5) The idle seems to run less than 1500 rpm when bike is warmed up and stalls if trying to give slow acceleration.

Thats it for now, will keep this informed if anything else arises.

Well, today I bought my replacement mirrors. Yes they are the same as before with the plastic elbow joint. Well they are cheap, here in Lima they sell for S/40. sold in pairs. So now I have a spare, if I need it.

Still would like to get custom mirrors, then the regular retangular style. Will have to check out who has them, here in Lima.

This weekend took the bike out for a good run, finally put over 100km it, yes, it is still new. For a small 150cc motor there is enough power to haul both me and my wife. I read that the 150cc motor was designed for racing, a small performance motor, well I am still testing that.

Well, today I refilled the tank after 8 months. This time around I put 95 octane in the tank, instead of 90 octane like last time. The motor requires 93 octane, and that could have been the problems the the acceleration I had before. Will have to see how the preformance on this tank of gas.

The gas gauge works again. The tach again was giving me problems. What I think the problem is that maybe there is a loose connection and it has the be soldered. I had the unit apart and some of the wires are very tight in there. Probably needs it to be a little looser than so tight.

No comments:

Post a Comment